- Create a list of all printed collateral that needs to be updated (such as letterhead, envelopes, business cards, flyers, brochures, labels, forms, notepads, and packaging). Give us a call anytime if you have questions about turnaround times, company colors, logo changes, quantity purchase discounts, or anything else related to your printing needs.
- Update your trade show booth, banners, posters, giveaways, company pens, name-tags, and other trade show related materials.
- Keep customers in the loop by mailing "we're changing our name" postcards, including a blurb in your newsletter, and providing social media mentions (among other things).
- Update employee bios. Add your new name to each employee's company bio to show the transition. For example, "Mark Davis has worked at XYZ Company since it was founded in 1989, when it was called ABC Company."
- Change your name and logo on invoices, accounting templates, quote preparation software, and other types of reporting software.
- If you're considering a web domain name change, make sure the new domain name is available before switching, and then set up your old web address to forward automatically to your new website to ensure a smooth transition.
- Update email addresses and consider using an auto-responder to remind people to update their email address books. Also update email signatures and inform readers your address will be changing so they can update their spam blockers -- especially if you send email newsletters.
- Ensure your phone service provider has the correct company name, so it shows up correctly on caller ID.
- Inform all professional organizations, business groups, subscription services, and other interested parties of your name change.
- Update on-hold marketing messages and voice mail messages. Consider using both names with a greeting such as: "Thanks for calling XYZ Company, formerly known as ABC Company."
Friday, November 15, 2013
Times They are a Changin'
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.